As a part of West Branch Gallery's current exhibition, "Deep Into Nature," Susan Wahlrab will host a daylong workshop designed to deepen your observational skills of the natural world. Each participant will create a mosaic of hues, tones and values using a small natural object of their choice as inspiration. A rock, leaf, flower, stick - you get the idea!
As our instructor, Susan brings to the workshop a lifetime of observing the intricacies and pulse of nature, through layering color in an attempt to walk between the worlds of matter and energy. She will share support and experience to guide us through this journey, while also introducing us to her unique technique of vanished watercolor on claybord.
In more than 15 years of teaching, including at Brown university and Maine College of Art, Susan found that this was always students' most insightful exploration. It is specially designed for all levels of experience - fun for all! Beginners to seasoned painters are equally welcome to participate!
Email email@example.com or call 8022538943 to reserve your spot today!
- Workshop will be held at West Branch Gallery on Saturday, May 19th from 10am to 4pm
- Lunch will be provided (please note any dietary restriction in your email to reserve a spot)
- Some materials will be provided, though Susan will suggest a list of additional materials to bring
- Limited to twelve participants, so reserve your spot ASAP!
-$175 for workshop, select materials, and lunch
- Due to the limited number of spots available, cancellations after May 5th will not be refunded